The STEAM-Connect Project Team has its official address at:
Dr. Yves Kreis
Université du Luxembourg
11, Porte des Sciences
Phone number: (+352) 466644 9329
This site is hosted by the University of Luxembourg.
1. Your personal data and our website
The data collected on the website of the STEAM-Connect Project stem exclusively from the voluntary registering of your personal data, for example by filling in the contact form.
- Your data will not be shared with any organisation – commercial or otherwise — except in case of external consultancy in relation with the website. In such case appropriate measures will be implemented.
- We will never divulge your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- We put in place measures to ensure that your data are kept up-to-date and processed securely in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (hereafter “GDPR”).
- Our purpose is the management of public relations (management of contacts and public relations, social and professional for the project).
- The legal basis for processing personal data is Art. 6 para. 1 point f) GDPR (legitimate interest) as the legitimate interest of the STEAM-Connect Project is offer a website providing information to users and visitors.
- According to the GDPR you have a right to access, rectify, erase, object to or restrict the processing related to your personal data. You can exercise your rights by sending us a written request using our contact form.
- We do not keep your personal information for longer than necessary for the purposes for which we collected it. However, we may keep your information for a longer period for historical, statistical or scientific purposes with the appropriate safeguards in place.
Without the use of the session cookies especially, several functions could not be offered on our website.
The legal basis for processing personal data by using session cookies is Art. 6 para. 1 point f) GDPR (legitimate interest) as the legitimate interest of STEAM-Connect is to offer a website adapted to users’ needs
The information on this page lists the cookies that this website uses and describes their purpose. You will also find some more detail here about cookies relating to our social media channels and Google Analytics, the service we use for our statistics.
2.1. Social media cookies
STEAM-Connect is active on social media platforms. For instance, STEAM-Connect is present on three key social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. These communities strengthen our online presence and visibility.
- The STEAM-Connect website does not set cookies with the display of links to our social media channels when you are browsing our website;
- You can follow links from our website to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn;
- By clicking on the Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn button on our website, you will be re-directed to those websites, which have their own cookie and privacy policies over which we have no control.
2.2 Session cookies
STEAM-Connect is using session cookies to ensure the correct running of the website. Cookies used by STEAM-Connect are deleted after the session.
2.3 Persistent Cookies
Cookie Control by CIVIC
- The cookie stores whether the visitor has accepted the cookie consent box. This ensures that the cookie consent box will not be presented again upon re-entry.
- Google Analytics is a service which monitors and evaluates the effectiveness and efficiency of the STEAM-Connect website.
- This platform enables the protection of end-user personal data thanks to features such as IP address de-identification and a mechanism for users to opt-out so that their browsing is not processed for analytics purposes. The IP address de-identification function is activated. If you want to withdraw your consent you must opt-out through Cookie Control.
- Google provides information about the cookies used by Google Analytics.
- The cookies used by Google Analytics will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States which leads to the transfer of personal data to the United States. The University implemented appropriate safeguards by signing the Standard Contractual clauses of the European Commission between controllers and processors annexec to the Data Processing Agreement with Google.
3. Privacy measures
Google Analytics is configured to use the domain “.steamconnect.education” and to store first-party cookies that expire after 2 years.
Cookies are used by STEAM-Connect to track the following information about visitors. We use this information to prepare aggregated, anonymous statistics reports of visitor activity:
- IP address (masked)
- Location: country, region, city, approximate latitude and longitude (Geolocation)
- Date and time of the request (visit to the site)
- Title of the page being viewed (Page Title)
- URL of the page being viewed (Page URL)
- URL of the page that was viewed prior to the current page (Referrer URL)
- Screen resolution of user’s device
- Time in local visitor’s time-zone
- Files that were clicked and downloaded (Download)
- Links to an outside domain that were clicked (Outlink)
- Pages generation time (the time it takes for webpages to be generated by the webserver and then downloaded by the visitor: Page speed)
- Main language of the browser being used (Accept-Language header)
- Browser version, browser plugins (PDF, Flash, Java, …) operating system version, device identifier (User-Agent header)
- Language of the visited page
- Site Search
Persistent cookies are saved on your computer and are not deleted automatically when you close your browser, unlike a session cookie, which is deleted when you close your browser.
4. Restricted access to information
All analytics data communication is encrypted via HTTPS protocol. The analytical reports generated can only be accessed through by authorised STEAM-Connect staff dealing with Google Analytics or by duly authorised external sub-contractors, who may be required to analyse, develop and/or regularly maintain certain websites.
5. Masking of IP addresses
Note: Institution, city and country origin are determined from the full IP, then stored and aggregated before a mask is applied. Google Analytics uses an IP de-identification mechanism that automatically masks a portion of each visitor’s IP (Internet Protocol), effectively making it impossible to identify a particular visitor via the sole IP address.
6. Visitor logs
Google Analytics automatically deletes visitors’ logs after 38 months. Anonymised and aggregated data are stored for an indefinite period by STEAM-Connect for analysis purposes.
Specific questions about the storage and use of personal data by STEAM-Connect can be sent to us by contacting our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Right to lodge a complaint at the CNPD
If you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the GDPR, you will have the right – without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy – to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement.
In Luxembourg, the competent authority is the Commission Nationale pour la Protection des Données (CNPD).
Contact of the CNPD
Commission Nationale pour la Protection des Données
1, avenue du Rock’n’Roll
Service des réclamations
Tel. : (+352) 26 10 60 -1
Fax : (+352) 26 10 60 -29
You can also use their contact form at: https://cnpd.public.lu/fr/support/contact.html